26 November 2009

Thankful for family, food, and wine....

Ah, Thanksgiving. A time to share with family. As long as there is enough wine to go around. And that there was. It was like being in Vegas without the slots, stilettos, and extra oxygen. Late night multi-course dinners, endless bottles of wine and champagne, story telling, progressively getting louder and louder, and gasp, video games, until anywhere b/w 3 and 4 a.m. My cue for bed was when those ridiculous shooting games reared their ugly heads.

Oh, that's right, and me and Luke welcoming up the sun each morning.... while the rest of the gang snoozed away. Alright, I do have a flare for the dramatic, but come on, I have a right to moan a little.

We kicked off our time together up at the wee hours of the morning (for the record, the only morning that I had company, but did I cover that? can't remember I'm still tired), running gear in toe to head to the DC Turkey Trot. Too bad I had the wrong location, we ended up running to the registration, the start line, and just barely made it before the last walker took off. So much for Jim's victory in the 65+ category. But, hey, we finished. And that 5K justified an entire weekend of delicious overeating and being terrificly over-served.

Grandpa Jimbo telling another bad joke and Luke catching on to what the rest of us do - ignore, look away, repeat.
Auntie Lis and Luke reading a story
.
Luke showing Marie the ropes.


What a treat... cousins Becky, John, Emmett, and new baby Owen came up for a visit from Charlottesville! It was so wonderful to see them, and meet Owen.


Take note, sister, your husband is. a. natural.



Luke and cousin Emmett

Maddie with baby Owen

Sweet Miss Maddie


Cool Cousin Scott and Luke


What a grande time! A wonderful celebration of and by....

The old (Paula, I'm really just speaking of Jim, I promise).

The civilized... (Lis and Marie)


The terribly uncivilized...



And all the rest of us. Now that you've been throughly grossed out... Happy Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment