10 May 2010

Make new friends, but keep the old one is silver and the other gold.

I think that's a camp song and I really don't know that it makes much sense with the gold and silver thing (aren't they both gold, actually I do prefer platinum to both gold and silver, so maybe I'll change the song to finish with keep them both, they're both platinum... admission: need sleep, is it obvious). THE POINT IS... I love my friends and am so fortunate to have held on tight to some oldies but goodies from year's past. We never skip a beat no matter how much time has passed.

Em, Chip and Elizabeth arrived from Chicago Friday night in anticipation of our third wheel Lisa's baby shower celebration Saturday. Our fourth wheel Betty from Boston arrived the day of the shower and we got to work pouring mimosas, wrapping gifts, and picking our flowers from my fave Courthouse Farmer's Market lady. Our fifth wheel Linds stuck in the great state of Wisconsin for school-related purposes.




Go figure the kids have matching PJs. Great minds think alike (and I do consider it a compliment to match an Emily fashion decision as she is super stylish).



Hanging out back on what turned into a gorgeous Saturday.


Dan, Luke, Elizabeth and Chip playing outside in the backyard after a busy day of the park, throwing food at lunch and strolling through Old Town to check out Lisa and JD's new home.

A near kiss...


Old friends, how I miss thee!


E's Renee Zellweger face. No joke, sweet girl does it on cue.

And my munchkin thrilled to have a favorite playmate for a weekend slumber party.

Late night turned into flipping through old yearbooks making fun of eachother's choice of denim wear for senior pictures, deep quotes to accompany our pix (ah yes, mine included "There is no finish line" - wow I really knocked that one out of the park), and remembering old faces we now have been re-introduced to thanks to facebook. Lisa's mom smiled, my how we've grown up! Well, sort of. We're not out toilet-papering other kids' houses any more, but we still know how to put back the liquor.

The countdown has begun for the arrival of Baby Maddox!


No comments:

Post a Comment