And that white stuff would be snow. This morning in late March, we woke up to a light dusting - amidst the cherry trees, daffodils, and forsythia. It melted by about 10 a.m. and now it's is a beautiful sunny (cold) day. If I were still working on the Hill pre-Luke, I would never have even seen the snow given it is a Sunday!
It was quite pretty covering the green grass and pink cherry trees. For once the local weather guys were right.
Luke and I high-tailed it down to the Tidal Basin to check out the real cherry trees on the off-chance that they bloom and fall very quickly given the weather. They were beautiful, but wearing gloves, hats, and winter coats seemed to throw everyone for a loop. It was freezing!
The dichotomy of the stately Washington Monument, beautiful cherry trees and forsythia, and ugly tour bus! Loads of them circled the Tidal Basin. It's cool that tourists like to visit our cherry trees, I just can't stand tour buses!
Cherry trees galore.
Luke loves the waterfalls at the FDR Memorial.
Pre convincing him that wearing Daddy's big gloves was cool. His little hands were icicles when he finally decided it was a good idea. We'll keep trying to stay warm as Daddy suns himself in Florida on the golf course!





No comments:
Post a Comment