With a new baby comes new decor opportunities for Luke! Lucky guy (me). Let the hand-me-downs begin, as the baby will get all of Luke's goods, including my beloved Serena and Lily Alex crib bedding that has lasted for three years and I plan to use for another three. If Baby R is a girl, we'll add a good pink as an accent (unless I convince Dan that buying the Rikshaw Design bedding I'm in love with and pulling together a Moroccan/Bohemian theme I've dreamt up is a marvelous idea).
We moved Luke into his new room a few months back, but right now he has all the baby furniture. I've been dancing around this decision about whether to move him into a full bed, keep him in the crib, or use a toddler bed. You'd think I were throwing a wedding or planning a trip to the moon (which Luke would love), but he's always been a tough sleeper so I've been hesitant to rock the boat.
Well... that boat is gonna start rockin' here soon.
Sure all of this could have been a lot easier had I just bought the Lightning McQueen toddler plastic bed from Toys R Us. But I like design way too much for that - and that's what a playroom is for.
Here's the bed I just pulled the trigger on. I liked the rustic, barn look of it. Shockingly, I did not go with the Star Wars bedding.
Here's the dresser.
And, ta-da, in honor of living in the south, blue seersucker bedding that I am madly in love with. I had been set on a navy stripe from Serena and Lily, but in the end have decided to take a detour to the seersucker. More decorative now than usable since he refuses to sleep with any sort of covers over him right now, but I walk past his room a million times a day and every time I do I know I will melt! White sheets, and his little blankets he has in his crib now. I know, I am crazy going with white/light bedding. But isn't that what the washer is for?
Couldn't say no to this little Rikshaw Design boudoir pillow (in blue) for him to rest his tete on - right now he uses my million thread count Lulu DK Matouk boudoir pillow from the guest bedding I saved up for. So figured it's time to give him his own and these little monkeys are pretty sweet.
And the big accent... a monogram pillow from Jonathan Adler.... I couldn't pull up the final product of the one I "designed" (it is this with an "L" of course, lime green border, navy letter). Might end up on the chair vs on the bed, we'll see. It's even hand-loomed wool. Ah, in love.
We'll see how all this comes together to join his shag rug, fabric car decals, airplane mobile, and bookrack. I still have visions of this fabulous window seat and shelving.
And of course, the magic sleeping tools of the paci (really, do we have to give that up when he turns 3?), giraffe and lamb loveys, ocean sound machine, and twinkle twinkle on the ipad. Here's to hoping Baby R 2011 will enjoy his/her sleep early on more than Luke. And to hoping I can convince Luke that his big boy bed is super cool. As long as it has a place for the dozen cars he takes to bed, though I have visions of hearing him drive them off the bed in the middle of the night and then yelling for help to get them back. Hmmm.... I need a car catcher on the sides.
Or on second thought, maybe that Lightning McQueen plastic guy was in fact the way to go....





No comments:
Post a Comment