29 July 2009

Almost a birthday boy!

Our baby boy is turning one tomorrow! Hooray!

One year ago tonight, Dan and I had dinner with Miles at Ray's Hell Burgers, followed by ice cream at Baskin & Robbins... cones in hand walking outside through the Smart Car Dealership near our house, my water broke. It was beastly hot (to coin one of my mom's favorite phrases). I thought I just needed some depends, but my bright husband informed me that it was, in fact, time to go to the hospital.

My contractions started at 1 a.m. and at 7:57 a.m. Luke waved hello to the world!!

So, we decided to re-enact the eve of Luke's arrival... with Luke in person this time!

Tight quarters at Ray's... Luke got his hands on everything! And loved the burgers.

Miles & Jodi braved the re-enactment!


The fam... (I could actually fit at the table this time, even with baby on lap)


Next up... Baskin Robbins for some Jamoca ice cream...



Happy boy! (who surprisingly didn't like the ice cream... I must have od'd him in utero)

And a stop at the Smart Car Dealership. No room for a family of three in those teeny tiny golf-cart like looking boxes with wheels. (if you have one, I'm sure it's nice to park)



What a gift! Luke's very own ATV from Miles and Jodi... I can't wait for him to start ramming this large vehicle (almost as big as a smart car, in fact) into my new cabinets. Thanks, guys.


Happy baby! He's always with smile, claps on cue these days, and started saying "uh oh" today. It's almost happy birthday!! Our night will be a little more subdued this year, I imagine.... that is until 7:57 a.m. when we pop open the champagne and dive into some Buzz cupcakes!!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun night! And Luke is so engaged in all the activities. one sure is fun!

    ReplyDelete