What a cute tootsie! Dan, Luke and I went in for my 36 week sonogram today... Luke was asleep like a (deceiving) little angel in the stroller and I waited for 5 minutes. Dan must think I'm crazy as every other time I've been in for an appointment I've waited 1 1/2 to 2 hours and poor Luke is running around like a maniac in the waiting room going stir crazy, and then I moan and groan about wanting to switch practices. Luke hasn't fallen asleep in a stroller in about a year!
So, the good news is that baby is head down, as he/she was breech a few weeks back. We'll see if this is a Luke-like arrival, my water broke on his due date and he was born the following morning at around 8 a.m.
All looks well, measuring 5 lbs 12 oz. Babies tend to gain about 1/2 pound a week in the end, so looks like the baby is on track to be Luke's size. He was 8 lbs 2 oz.
Luke still says sister, when asked. Though, I'm starting to feel like this is a boy. We shall see. I think Luke is "getting it" more these days that there's a baby on the way, given several of my close friends who we see regularly have recently had second babies and my belly is getting bigger by the day. He will "kiss" the baby, run cars across the baby, and on rare occasion slug the baby (well, the belly is the biggest thing on me these days and an easy punching bag for a frustrated almost 3 year old), which ends in a time out. He says "sorry, mamma," kisses the belly, and there I go all suckered again.
One month to go! What makes this even more exciting is that three of my closest friends and my sister are also having babies over the next 8 weeks. Hard to believe we'll be adding five little people (on top of a bunch of new baby friends/cousin we've added since December) to the world in such a short time. 'Tis the season to be blessed!

AH! comments are back! i love this -- so full of hope! can't wait to meet R2! :)
ReplyDelete