Our friends Miles and Jodi were kind enough to have us over tonight with friends Dan, Bridget, and 9 month old Gabe. Our fine hosts cooked an amazing dinner of pot roast, mushroom risotto and a delicious potato (some were this beautiful purple color), green bean, squash, brussels sprout medley. Raspberries atop vanilla ice cream with nutella topping optional (optional, um, nutella is never optional!)
The boys decided to race up the stairs after dinner.... Luke should have had the advantage as he could have knocked cute little Gabe 4 months his younger down in one fell swoop...

But, he chose to be an observer instead of an active participant and quick little Gabe zoomed by him towards victory. We are going to have to work on this (I swear I'm not kid competitive, just sports competitive and climbing stairs is sort of a sport, blame my dad).
We're all buddies in the end! Thanks to Miles and Jodi for a delicious dinner and to Gabe for teaching Luke that it's not just about finishing first. It's about enjoying the ride. Seriously, I totally believe that. Almost. No, really, I do. (I swear)
Good times with great friends, cute kids, and tasty food & vino.


No comments:
Post a Comment