19 September 2009

Ah, how I love being ahead of the curve

So, since I've been up since 5 a.m. when my beloved child decided it was time to say good morning, I can blame my husband for sleeping in (he claims I get Sunday) and delirium for spending (wasting) time wandering around the celebrity baby blog. Low and behold, in my delirium, I'd like to toot my (ok, our) own horn for being ahead of the trend. Now, is there a trick for getting those lovely L children to SLEEP? Maybe next baby needs to be a Z... zzzzz.

Ha.

The Name Game: In Love With L

J names have had their day in the sun: a whole generation of Jennifers and Jessicas, Jasons and Joshuas are now growing up and having babies of their own. Then came the K names popular in the nineties: Kyle, Kayla, Kaitlyn. Next up? The L names. Pamela Redmond-Satran, co-founder ofnameberry.com, says that “L is the hottest beginning consonant for babies’ names here and throughout Europe.” Hotter still are names with a double-L sound like Lila and Tallulah.

There are a litany of celebrity babies born recently with L names in the Luke and Lucy family, which means light. They include Lucia, as chosen by Amber and Rob Mariano; Luciana, as chosen byCarnie Wilson; Lucy, as chosen by Nancy Grace; Luc, as chosen by Peter Gabriel; Luca, as chosen by Vincent D’Onofrio; Luka, as chosen by Tom Colicchio and Luke, as chosen by Shiloh Roehl. Ok, ok, I don't want to get sued. It was Natalie Morales, who I do think is very cool and who had her Luke three weeks after me so she technically copied me.

The letter L is long on variety, however, offering unlimited choices — both traditional and quirky — for parents-to-be. Lindsay Davenport opted for Lauren; Gael Garcia Bernal opted for Lázaro; Matthew McConaughey opted for Levi; Tori Spelling opted for Liam; Erinn Hayes opted for Lilah; Shane Richie opted for Lolita and Constance Marie opted for Luna — a name CBB readers clearly loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment