22 September 2009

To teach or not to teach my boy to love shoes....

So, I have a boy. And yeah, of course, that means he's not a girl. And girls love shoes.

I have waited over a year.... but I can wait no longer. No, he's not walking (although he lights up when he walks with the "walk with me, walk with me...." - gets stuck in my head for hours). But, man, those wood chips must kind of dig in his feet at the park. And I mama needs her shoe fix.

Fast-forward to today. Katie, Belle, Luke and I trekked (and I mean trekked - we could have driven to West Virginia in the amount of time it took us to get)... to Bethesda. We love the Daisy Baby store up there... they have the Charlie Rocket stuff I, I mean Luke, loves (think kind of skater boy, alternative, cool kid).

Ok, getting back to the shoes. Those who know me well know that I love shoes. New friends may not as I'm seen far more often in my old black flip flops and running shoes. But, I've decided to turn over a new leaf and dust off all my BSFs that have been pining for a day out of my closet.

Drumroll please.... our first pair. And he even kept them on today. Maybe he'll get my shoe gene... but if he doesn't, doesn't that mean more $$ for my shoes?


In action... with the adorable corduroy hat that he won't keep on, which doesn't faze me given my lack of interest on the hat front personally, even though it would feed my french obsession since he looks like a little Parisian tot in it. (note best find of summer: bird pillow in background...). Obsessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment