14 June 2010

Happy birthday to... me?

I do love birthdays... I got that from my mom. She was the queen of birthdays! We woke to crepe paper draping from our bedroom door, and we ate breakfast off of the red You Are Special Today plate. She always would go overboard with the presents - we were so lucky.

I still love birthdays even though I'm getting old. I love celebrating family, friends and kids' birthdays the most, but won't turn down a good party even if it means I must add another candle to the gluten free cake.

What a treat - my 33rd birthday brought friends together for an almost surprise (Luke's 104 temp two nights before threw off the surprise portion, but he recovered nicely less than 24 hours later enabling us to carry on - thanks, bud).

Cheers - thank you, friends, for a beautiful evening!


Up atop the swanky Lorien Hotel in Old Town.


And, a special thank you to Dan, for listening to Allison and agreeing to the party! Ha ha. What an evening (delicious GF cake, and all), what a treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment