Happy Father's Day, Daddy! (And to my dad, and Dan's dad). Luke treated his dad to brunch at the Chart House in Old Town. Both guys were especially excited about the many culinary options. Luke even tried crab!

My two dudes.
And three, with me.

And what a treat for a Sunday evening! Dan and I were joined by Miles and Jodi at the Masters of Food and Wine "Taste of America" evening at the Blue Duck Tavern. Vineyard owners from both local and California wineries poured the vino, and the Executive Chef at Blue Duck, along with the Executive Chef from Henrietta's Table in Cambridge, Mass, served courses to complement the wine.
It was delightful - they were extremely accommodating of my allergy and I even ventured to taste veal (which I don't ever eat since writing constituent letters about veal crates back in the late 90s), duck, and sweetbread (Dan's description is organ meat, mmm).
The wine glasses were plentiful (8 pairings in all). The Park Hyatt is beautiful, atop my list for grabbing a drink with friends, the food was wonderful, and the company lovely, as always.





No comments:
Post a Comment