21 January 2011

On the hunt for GF baked goods that taste GOOD

When I was pregnant with Luke, I must have eaten a cranberry-orange scone from Buzz every day. And those are not little scones, but they were my favorite indulgence. Now living in GF land, I've been attempting to find something similar to make me feel not so deprived (oh, poor me!). Thankfully, Buzz just started making fantastic GF muffins, but I will admit the recipe I tried today rivals even Buzz. I am a believer that almond flour makes all the difference in having GF baked goods taste GOOD. These are also dairy free (which I can say in confidence after I finally realized that eggs don't come from cows).

Even non-GF peeps will enjoy, though may want to save the money on the not-so-cheap blanched almond flour if you don't have to.

3 c blanched almond flour (can find at MOMS Market, Whole Foods)
1/4 t sea salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
2 T grapeseed oil
3 large eggs
2 cups (4-5) mashed very ripe bananas
1 c frozen blueberries.

Preheat oven to 350. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.

In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda. In a med bowl, whisk together grapeseed oil and eggs. Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture. Stir in bananas, then fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin cups.

Bake 35-40 minutes until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes clean. Let cool for 30 minutes in pan, serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment